Whether you’ve been feeding the birds in your yard for years, or just starting out, modern bird feeders are great for adding style to your surroundings. These feeders are designed to combine good looks with a great place for birds to feed. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, so read on to find the perfect modern bird feeder for your yard and the birds that visit it.
- Best modern ceramic bird feeder: Rotot Ceramic Bamboo Bird Feeder
- Best eco-friendly modern bird feeder: Royal Chirp Sky Loft Feeder
- Best fly-thru modern bird feeder: Byer of Maine Egg Fly Through Bird Feeder
6 Best Modern Bird Feeder Comparison
- Top 10 Best Bird Feeding Stations – Review Of 2022
- Hanging Bird Feeder Guide 2022 – All You Need to Know
- Top 12 Best Bird Feeder Poles – Review of 2022
Why Choose a Modern Bird Feeder?
If you’re like most people, your backyard undoubtedly had a conventional bird feeder while you were growing up. But there has been a rising popularity of contemporary bird feeders in recent years.
So what distinguishes a modern bird feeder from a traditional one? The fact that modern bird feeders are made to be more aesthetically beautiful than their classic predecessors is one of the key causes. Aside from that, here are some other reasons.
- You might wish to pick a modern bird feeder for your garden for the following reasons:
- Recycled materials are frequently used to make modern bird feeders, which are excellent for the environment. They may be more fashionable than conventional feeders and may give your yard a little extra character.
- Many modern bird feeders have features like removable pieces for simple cleaning that make them simpler to operate and maintain.
- They frequently have built-in features that make them simpler to use, like perches, drain holes, and solid construction, and they are also less likely to break or leak.
What to consider when buying Modern Bird Feeder
There are various types and designs of bird feeders to choose from. But there are a few things to consider if you’re looking for a modern bird feeder. Here are a few things to think about when purchasing a modern bird feeder.
Firstly, the species of bird you want to draw is vital. You should get a feeder that is specifically made to draw the sort of bird you desire because different birds prefer different kinds of food.
Also, make sure the feeder you purchase has adequate food capacity to serve the number of birds you hope to attract. However, you don’t want a feeder that is so large that it is challenging to clean and refill.
Best Modern Bird Feeder: Top Picks In 2022
Seabird Sanctuary is reader-supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
1. Royal Chirp Sky Loft Feeder
This modern bird feeder combines a modern look, with all-natural materials. It offers a really cool, sleek, and minimalist design. These luxury bird feeders are made by a company that is determined to limit their environmental impact.
The sky loft feeder is made from unsealed wood for a more natural finish, but you could always seal it yourself to prolong its life. This piece is ideal for small, seed-eating songbirds.
- Eco-friendly product
- Has an attractive, nature-inspired look
- The hanging strap is quite short
- SKY LOFT FEEDER – Add a backyard buffet perfect for birds with the ROYAL CHIRP Sky Loft Feeder where birds can recharge after a long day...
- BUNDLE IT WITH SKY LOFT HOUSE – Part of the Sky Loft series, this bird feeder has modularity so you can add or remove compartments as you...
- NATURAL MATERIALS – We have collaborated with Mother Nature to produce the Sky Loft feeder. Made from wood, the bird feeder is free from...
- MODERN LOOK – Our belief is that less is more! Our bird feeder has a sleek appearance that will enhance the look of your backyard. The...
2. Rotot Ceramic Bamboo Bird Feeder
This modern ceramic bird feeder combines a collection of beautiful natural materials that look great with or without a beautiful songbird in attendance. It is made from biodegradable materials and is easy to install and clean. The perching spaces and drainage holes in the feeder are practical touches to these high end bird feeders.
- Great looking feeder
- Made from renewable, eco-friendly materials
- Accommodates only 2 birds at a time
- ECO FRIENDLY & STYLISH -- From the perspective of environmental protection, ROTOT bamboo bird feeder will seduce you with natural bamboo of...
- EASY TO INSTALL & CLEAN -- No tool needed! The ceramic bird feeder adopts integration design. Open package, just hang somewhere we want. 3...
- BIRD FRIENDLY -- Fly through bird feeder gives songbirds a place to perch as they eat. The deep concave shape provides a generous well for...
- MULTIPURPOSE -- The bird will nest this birdhouse to peck in peace. It is practical to hang with its cord by making a decoration accessory...
- DECORATIVE ACCENT -- Beautiful garden accessory for adding style to your patio or garden. There are many animals around your patio that are...
3. Sungmor Electroplating Copper Bird Feeder
This contemporary bird feeder from Sungmor has a really interesting and eye catching design. That being said, it is still a very functional and well-designed modern bird feeder. This sturdy piece is designed to be hung from a good quality, modern bird feeder pole.
The bottom of the feeder drains really well, but the roof design keeps the birdseed sheltered from the elements pretty well anyway.
- Really sturdy design
- Attractive modern look
- Only big enough for small birds
- Concise and unique hook shape design with a functional hanging feature, really practical and decorative;
- Top-grade copper material, and the surface with electroplating process treatment, very durable and smoothly touch；
- It can hold nuts,grass seed,millet,grain,rice or crumbs and more kinds of bird food, easy to fill up and hanging; Size:38.5cmH * 20cmW.
- Perfect for Balcony, Garden, Park, Outdoor, Field, Tourist scenic spot or Golf course etc. A great gift for the birds.
4. Byer of Maine Egg Fly Through Bird Feeder
This is an elegant, avant-garde bird feeder that will draw plenty of attention from your friends and neighbors. This beautifully ornamental modern bird feeder is designed to be hung up and will look as good out in the garden as it will on the balcony.
This ceramic feeder is designed to last against the elements, and hold a good amount of birdseed. The material is glazed so it is very easy to clean, and the addition of drainage holes will keep the seed fresher for longer.
- Stands out when compared with traditional bird feeders
- Drainage holes keep seeds dry
- Ceramic material will likely break if dropped
- Byer of Maine’s Egg Fly Through Bird Feeder is an avant garde, elegant hanging bird feeder that naturally fits in your backyard or garden....
- Birds will flock to this uniquely designed bird feeder for outside that is easily accessible to eat from and rest on. This wild bird feeder...
- This hanging fly through bird feeder is lightweight at 2 pounds, but sturdy enough for birds. Accessible and simple design makes it easy to...
- This unique bird feeder is 7"L X 6"W X 8"H with an internal well inside for easy seed placement. Try using a variety of bird food, like:...
- This ceramic bird feeder is crafted from high fired stoneware that won’t be damaged from water and humidity like wooden bird feeders. The...
5. Rotot Hexagon Bamboo Bird Feeder
This stylish, hexagonal fly thru bird feeder from Rotot looks great wherever you hang it. This unconventional design combines artistic and functional qualities that make it an excellent garden ornament.
This feeder is partially constructed from bamboo, a fast-growing and renewable product that has less impact on the environment. Hang this modern bird feeder from a bird feeder station or simply set it on a railing or wall and enjoy all your feathered visitors.
- Easy to hang and fill
- Drainage holes keep seed fresh
- Limited space only allows one bird to feed at a time
- EASY TO INSTALL AND CLEAN: No tool needed! The bamboo bird feeder adopts integration design. Open package, just hang somewhere we want. 4...
- PORTABIE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Yolafe Folding Stool is made of bamboo, Polycarbonate and hempen cord. Its weight is only 0.86 LBS. With minute...
- EASY TO FILL: With fly through design, it is convenient for different kinds of scoops to refil bird seed food, such as aluminium alloy seed...
- ECO FRIENDLY & STYLISH: From the perspective of environmental protection, ROTOT bamboo bird feeder will seduce you with natural bamboo of...
- DECORATIVE ACCENT: Beautiful garden accessory for adding style to your patio or garden. There are many animals and insects around your patio...
6. Eva Solo Hand Blown Glass Hanging Bird Feeder
This beautiful modern bird feeder from Eva looks amazing on a porch or balcony. While it may not be the most practical design for a birdfeeder, your feathered friends will learn to use it in time.
Being a glass product that holds birdseed, I would suggest upgrading the hanging cable to something a little more sturdy if you have squirrels in your yard. If you’re looking for an eye catching new bird feeder, this will look great on a modern bird feeder stand.
- Beautiful ornamental piece
- Great visibility of birds
- The glass will likely break if dropped
- EVA SOLO – We create home accessories and kitchenware characterised by aesthetic appeal, functionality and high quality. The products are...
- FAMILY-OWNED COMPANY FOR 4 GENERATIONS – Eva Solo A/S was established over 100 years ago. Today, the company is managed and owned by Jan...
- THE GIFT THAT GIVES BACK – The Bird Feeder from EVA SOLO is an excellent gift for friends, family and colleagues. The ideal present for...
7. Umbra Bird Café Feeder
This high end modern bird feeder has an asymmetrical and aesthetically pleasing design that will fit in perfectly with cityscape environments. It is made from durable plastic that is easy to clean.
To fill these designer bird feeders with seeds, simply remove the top and pour in the food. Larger birds struggle to perch and feed on this feeder, which gives the smaller species a chance to enjoy their meal in peace.
- Cool, asymmetrical design
- Made from durable plastic
- Seeds tend to get wet in rainy weather
8. More Birds Abundance Feeder
This great design from More Birds has an interesting look, reminiscent of a mid century modern bird feeder. It holds an impressive 3.5lbs of birdseed, so you can feed more birds with less effort.
The perches on this feeder are adjustable, to accommodate smaller or larger birds, and you can use the thistle port inserts to turn this into a feeder for finches that enjoy such fine seeds.
- Large seed capacity
- 6 feeding ports, with perches
- Seeds become moist in humid environments
- Classic Brands Abundance Bird Feeder Innovative large capacity bird feeder with 6 feeding ports, all of which adjust to serve any type of...
- This feeder features a Stay Full Port System which keeps seed at all ports even when the seed gets low
- Keeping seed at all the ports will attract more birds
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I set up my birdfeeder?
You can set your modern bird feeder wherever it looks best around your home. You should hang your feeder from something secure, like a bird feeder pole that won’t swing too badly in the wind. To attract the most birds, set up your feeder somewhere quiet, 10-15 feet away from cover, and at least 5 feet above ground level.
What is the best kind of birdseed?
There are many great types of birdseed available, and some types of birds prefer certain seeds over others. The best kinds of birdseed to use in your home bird feeders are sunflower seeds (black oil and striped), cracked corn, safflower seeds, mixed bird seeds, and nyjer seeds.
What kind of birds eat birdseed?
There are so many different types of birds out there that will eat birdseed, we could write a whole page on it, but the most common birds that visit backyard bird feeders include finches, cardinals, doves, sparrows, chickadees, and nuthatches.
Although there are many different bird feeders available, it can be challenging to choose the right one for your requirements. The best modern bird feeders for 2023 were listed in this article. The sort of birds you wish to attract, the size of your yard, and the type of feeder you choose should all be taken into account when choosing the finest feeder for your requirements.
Rethink the classic bird feeder look and update your garden decor this year with a great new modern bird feeder. The times are changing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t keep up while keeping the birds happy. Happy birdwatching!
You will also like: 5 Best Bird Bath Heaters For Winter 2023
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API