After recently reviewing binoculars for adult birdwatchers, I thought now would be a good time to introduce the idea of kids’ binoculars for the youngsters. The best binoculars for kids are the ones that get them out there, enjoying themselves and learning about the world.
Get the little ones off the sofa and out there exploring nature and learning about birds, even if it’s just in your backyard with these affordable kids’ binoculars.
- 10 Best Binoculars For Birding: In-depth Buyers Guide
- 5 Best Digital Binoculars with Camera
- 4 Best Monocular Models for Bird Watching
What to look for in binoculars for kids:
The best binoculars for kids should have all of the properties listed below:
- Lightweight- Binoculars can start to feel heavy when out birdwatching for long periods of time
- Fun- Binoculars that are your kids favorite color will add to the fun
- Compact- Smaller binoculars will fit your child’s hands better
- Tough – Kids can be clumsy sometimes, their binoculars should be shockproof
- Easy to use- Easy to use binoculars are handy for focusing on birds before they fly away
- Economical- Of course, you get what you pay for, but kids will eventually outgrow their first binoculars. Spending a huge amount of money on their first pair probably isn’t necessary.
- Soft eyecaps- Soft eyecaps are an important safety feature for protecting your little one’s eyes while out birdwatching
- Durability- You can find kids binoculars that are even waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof. Anything that helps avoid mishaps and damage can lessen your anxiety and increase how much your youngster enjoys using binoculars and the breathtaking sights of the natural world and the sky above that they may provide.
- Best toy binoculars for younger kids – HQMaster Kids Night Vision Binoculars
- Best outdoor exploring kit and binoculars for younger kids – Adventure Kids Outdoor Explorer Kit
- Best budget birdwatching binoculars for kids – Reapp 8×21 High-Resolution Binoculars for Kids
- Best birdwatching binoculars for older kids – Beenate 10×25 Compact Binoculars
Now that you know what to look for, let’s jump straight into our list of the 10 best children’s binoculars.
4 Best Kids Binoculars For Their Outdoor Adventures Comparison
10 Best Kids Binoculars For Their Outdoor Adventures
Seabird Sanctuary is reader-supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
1. Scotamalone 4×30 Kids Binoculars
These kids’ binoculars by Scotamalone are a great toy for younger kids from ages 3 and up. These binoculars are made from natural, non-toxic rubber and make a great educational toy.
Don’t expect the best optics from this budget product, but expect your kids to have a great time using them for watching birds. These binoculars make great gifts as well.
- Magnification: 4x
- Dimensions: 5.67 x 4.25 x 2.2 inches
- Weight: 0.3lb
- Colors: Light green, green, blue, pink, purple, orange, yellow
- Additional accessories: Canvas carry bag, neck strap, and a lens wiping cloth
- Light weight
- Made from child-safe materials
- Weak magnification
- ✌BRAND NAME: Scotamalone.It is a great playground accessory .such as :exploring , indoor playing, backyard sports activity, camping,...
- ✌BEST GIFT - The Pocket sized is fit for child .It can be adjusted to fit any eye distance . It has a adjustment knob for children`s eyes....
- ✌SAFETY - Binoculars Are Made Of Nontoxic Natural Rubber Material, Rubber Surrounded Eyepieces Are Included For Eye Protection So Children...
- ✌BEST TOYS– .INCLUDES: 1x 4x30 Binoculars; 1x Carrying Canvas Bag; 1x Neck Strap；1x Lens wiping cloth.Stimulates children’s natural...
- ✌Best service: Your Satisfaction Is Our Momentum.If they don’t work out for you for any reason then send it back to us for your full...
2. HQMaster Kids Night Vision Binoculars
These binoculars are a fun toy for younger kids to use out in the yard, or even indoors. The HQMaster Kids Night Vision Binoculars have a pop-up beam that illuminates the area your kids can see through the lenses.
This provides a night vision-like effect that they’ll love. You will need two AAA batteries to operate the night beam on these binoculars.
- Magnification: 4x
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.5 x 1.9 inches
- Weight: 7.2oz
- Colors: Gold
- Additional accessories: Neck Strap
- Great fun
- Can be used at night
- Not suitable for older kids
- PREMIUM BINOCULAR: 4 x 30mm magnification and high quality lens. Green tinted lenses for surveillance. Better care children’s eyes....
- EASY TO USE IN DAY & NIGHT: Unique binoculars toy with pop up spotlight desgin. Zoom binoculars with pop-up spotlights with illumination...
- A FUN GIFT: Wonderful binoculars gift for son, daughter, grandson and granddaughter. Perfect for taking children on an adventure exploring....
- COMPACT SIZE: The magnification toy binoculars is a mini pocket size, easy to carry and easy to hold for the kids. Suitable for children...
- EASY TO CARRY & QUALITY WARRANTY: Come with neck strap. Operate with 2 x AAA batteries required (batteries are NOT INCLUDED)
3. LET’S GO Compact Shock Proof Binoculars for Kids
The LET’S GO compact binoculars are a great small size to fit kids’ hands. Their plastic construction keeps them lightweight and affordable while the soft rubber eye caps make this a safe product for younger children ages 3 and up.
These are real binoculars for kids and their shockproof design means they can survive being dropped a few times. The 8x magnification of these binoculars also makes them great for birdwatching.
- Magnification: 8x
- Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 2 inches
- Weight: 0.35lb
- Colors: Navy blue, blue, sky-blue, green, orange, yellow, red, purple, rose, pink
- Additional accessories: bag, lanyard, cleaning cloth
- Affordable price
- Great range of colors
- Light, plastic feel
- ★ Super Safety: Soft rubber surrounded eyepieces are included for eye protection so children don't hurt their eyes or face. Other brands...
- ★ Advanced Design: Non-slip scratch, the grip has been ergonomically patented designed to fit the hands of children. It is easy to focus,...
- ★ Shock Proof: Durable binoculars that can withstand drops and falls on floors due to rubber coating that absorbs shock. If accidentally...
- ★ Crystal Clear View: The FMC prism green coated optics system can control optical reflection to create crisp and colorful images. The...
- ★ Real Binoculars for Kids: This product has a super magnification of 8X with an amazing view. The binoculars can be adjusted to easily...
4. Adventure Kids Outdoor Explorer Kit
The Adventure Kids Outdoor Explorer Kit makes a great gift for young explorers to learn more about nature. This kit comes with a 5×30 pair of binoculars which will be fun for use around the yard or in the house.
Included in the kit are a butterfly net, a flashlight, a compass, a magnifying glass, and a hat, all of which will fit into the bag provided.
- Magnification: 5x
- Dimensions: n/a
- Weight: 0.51lb
- Colors: yellow, orange
- Additional accessories: Butterfly net, flashlight, compass, magnifier, explorer hat, carry bag
- Great set for younger kids to enjoy
- A good variety of accessories included
- Lower quality binoculars
- 🌟 THE MOST EDUCATIONAL GIFT SET: Enjoy the Ultimate Kids Gift Set with 7 Educational Toys Included. Allow Your Kids to Play with This...
- 🔭 WATCH FAR AWAY WITH THESE 5X30 BINOCULARS: Made of High-Quality Shockproof Rubber These Binoculars Are Extremely Comfy, Easy to Focus...
- 🔦 LED LIGHT INTO THE DARK: Enjoy Our Rechargeable Flashlight Day or Night, Without Worrying About Weak Batteries Anymore. Perfect for...
- 🌎 COMPASS HELPS YOU FIND YOUR WAY: Find Your Peace of Mind Again with the Coolest Lensatic Compass Ever. Teach Your Kids About the Basics...
- 🎁 PERFECT BIRTHDAY GIFTS Ideal for Kids, Boy, Girl, Son, Daughter, Nephew, Niece, Grandson, Granddaughter, Grandchildren, Neighbors,...
5. Reapp 8×21 High-Resolution Binoculars for Kids
These binoculars are made to be super safe for kids, with a soft rubber coating. Don’t be fooled by the bright colors though, these 8×21 Porro prism binoculars are not just toys and are great for young birdwatchers.
Shockproof and durable, these binoculars will survive being dropped while providing good optics for your little explorer. The Reapp 8×21 High-Resolution Binoculars for Kids come in 3 different colors.
- Magnification: 8x
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 3.8 x 1.6 inches
- Weight: 0.37lbs
- Colors: Blue, green, pink
- Additional accessories: Carrying bag, cleaning cloth, breakaway neck strap, instructions
- Shockproof for adventurous kids
- Limited color range
- Super Safety Toys: Soft and flexible rubber around the eyepieces keeps little ones from hurting their eyes if they bump against them. It...
- Shockproof & Durable: The textured rubber on the outside helps with grip and handling as well as protecting the binoculars. The rubber...
- Powerful Real Binoculars: Forget about dim and blurry images! REAPP Binoculars are more than a toy. The BAK 4 Porro Prism blue layer coated...
- Compact & Easy to Use: Provides individual diopter and focus adjustments for difference in vision between eyes. The binoculars size...
- Package INCLUDES: 1* 8x21 Binoculars; 1* Soft Carrying Bag; 1* Adjustable Neck Strap; 1* Lens wiping cloth. This is the perfect pair for...
6. Thinkpeak 8×21 Kids Binoculars
These binoculars were designed with kids in mind. They are easy to use, with a large focusing wheel, perfect for adventurous kids who love the great outdoors.
Shockproof and with a non-slip grip, these binoculars were made for little hands. Combine fun and learning with the Thinkpeak 8×21 Kids Binoculars.
- Magnification: 8x
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 4 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 0.55lb
- Colors: Black, blue, green, pink, purple, red
- Additional accessories: carrying case with belt loop, breakaway neck strap, cleaning cloth, instructions
- Great range of colors
- Large focusing wheel
- Heavier than competitors
- The THINKPEAK Binoculars for Kids are the perfect tool for your child's outdoor adventures! Whether it's bird-watching, hiking, camping, or...
- Made with high-quality materials, these binoculars are designed to withstand rough and tumble play, ensuring they'll last for years to come....
- These binoculars are also designed with safety in mind. The soft rubber eyecups ensure a comfortable fit for little eyes, and the durable...
- Not only are these binoculars fun to use, but they also provide educational value. They help develop your child's observation and...
- The THINKPEAK Binoculars for Kids are the perfect gift for any young adventurer. Whether they're exploring the great outdoors or just...
7. Promora 8×21 Kids Binoculars With Magnifying Glass And Compass
This kit makes a great gift for kids aged 4 and up. These binoculars are child-friendly and shockproof.
The binoculars work well, and the magnifying glass and compass also guarantee hours of fun and learning out in nature. This set is a great gift for 4-8-year-olds.
- Magnification: 8x
- Dimensions: 4.76 x 4.13 x 1.93 inches
- Weight: 0.55lb
- Colors: Green, Blue, Purple
- Additional accessories: Compass, magnifying glass, cloth bag, neck strap, microfiber cloth, instructions
- Comes with fun accessories for young adventurers
- Binoculars are shockproof
- Limited color range
- BINOCULARS FOR CHILDREN: Awaken the curiosity of your little adventurer with these fun binoculars for kids from 4-8 years old; Rubber...
- POWERFUL MAGNIFICATION: The 8X magnification of these binoculars lets children see the most beautiful landscapes and amazing wildlife in...
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: These are real binoculars, not just toys; Featuring diopter setting, adjustable central axis, and central focusing...
- ADVENTURE ACCESSORIES: These exciting binoculars come with a real compass and magnifying glass to encourage small kids to have adventures;...
- REAL CAMPING SET: Take these binoculars for boys and girls when hiking in the forest, camping in the mountains, on holidays by the lake, or...
8. Beenate 10×25 Compact Binoculars
The Beenate 10×25 compact binoculars will suit older kids who enjoy spending time in nature and the great outdoors. These binoculars were not specifically designed for kids, but are compact and lightweight and can be used for birdwatching.
The budget-friendly price point is also a plus, meaning you won’t be too upset if they get dropped over the side of a boat, or left behind in a campsite.
- Magnification: 10x
- Dimensions: 3.79 x 4.72 x 1.18 inches
- Weight: 0.6lbs
- Colors: Black
- Additional accessories: Carrying pouch, neckstrap, Lens cloth, user manual
- Good quality optics
- Strong magnification for viewing at long distance
- Heavier than most kids binoculars
- 【FMC Broadband Coating Technology】 The objective lens uses optical FMC multilayer broadband green film, and the eyepiece optical...
- 【10x25 High Magnification】This small pocket binoculars has a high magnification of 10 times and a large objective lens of 25 mm, which...
- 【Premium BAK4 Prism Binoculars】Professional Bak4 Porro prism has good light transmittance, reduces glare, improves light transmittance,...
- 【Adjustable Eye width and Bifocals】Large center focus knob for easy adjustments,Various eye widths make them easy to use and perfect...
- 【Portable & Wide Range Of Uses】Compact binoculars with foldable design that can be folded into the size of a palm and only 0.6 pounds...
9. Occer 12×25 Compact Binoculars
These compact but powerful binoculars are ideal for both older kids and adults. With a full 12x magnification, kids will enjoy the power of these optics, which can be used for looking at distant birds or for learning about the moon.
These binoculars are built tough too, being water-resistant, non-slip, and shockproof.
- Magnification: 12x
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.4 x 1.9 inches
- Weight: 0.65lbs
- Colors: Black
- Additional accessories: Carrying bag, lens cloth, strap
- Powerful binoculars with strong magnification
- Water-resistant and shockproof
- Users may struggle to hold these steady
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view,...
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the glasses wearer,...
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight cruise binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism texture. The objective lens use optical FMC...
- 【PORTABLE, COMPACT AND SMALL BINOCULARS DESIGN】 One hand can be mastered when you use the birding binoculars for opera,bird watching...
- 【DURABLE AND LIFE WATERPROOF, COMFORTABLE TOUCH】 The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and it also come with a cruise binocular strap,...
10. Atomic Beam Night Hero Binoculars
The Atomic Beam Night Hero Binoculars are the closest you will come to real night vision binoculars for kids for less than $100. These work by shining a powerful green laser at the target, which is then seen through the lenses.
This is a fun toy for older kids but should preferably be used under supervision since the powerful beam can blind, people, animals, or motorists.
- Magnification: 10x
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 7 x 8.5 inches
- Weight: 1lb
- Colors: Dark grey
- Additional accessories: n/a
- Good for day or night use
- Powerful magnification
- The laser could damage human or animal eyes
- Heavy weight
Most of the products in this list are categorized as suitable for children above the age of 3. Child safety is extremely important so always remember to keep younger kids under adult supervision.
This is especially important when the little ones are playing with toys that might break apart into pieces small enough for them to swallow. While none of these products are that small, kids will be kids and things like eye caps can be pulled loose or broken off.
Looking at the sun through binoculars is very dangerous and can cause serious eye damage. Remember to teach the little ones this fact before letting them use magnified optics. Products with bright beams and lasers can also be dangerous to those using them as well as other people and animals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Binocular Magnification Is Ideal for Children?
Young kids are likely to enjoy 4x magnification while they learn to hold items steady, so magnification doesn’t always have to be strong. But since older children will probably want greater strength, spending money on 8x or even 10x magnification will be worthwhile.
When Can a Child First Use Binoculars?
As early as age 4, children can begin using binoculars. But it takes until their adolescent years for them to perfect the skill of maintaining the view still. It may also take time for them to effectively adjust focus and magnification. As such, look for a pair of binoculars with a broad lens and a clear field of view for small children.
What Advantages Do Children Receive from Binoculars?
A pair of binoculars makes it simple and obvious to see the sky. Children can easily maintain focus on distant objects, which boosts the blood flow to their eyes. Kids can easily see through the glass with the aid of the two lenses on this device. As a result, they can experience adventure from an early age.
How Should Kids Select their Binoculars?
Keep a close check on the child’s dexterity when it comes to getting their hands around the barrels, reaching the focusing knob, and bringing the oculars up to their eyes. Moreover, children’s binoculars have to have a large field of view and a lower magnification (4x to 7x, depending on age). They will be able to locate and stay on birds with this.
Binoculars are a great tool for kids to explore and learn more about birds and the natural world. Even a toy set can provide kids with hours of fun and makes for great gifts for friends and relatives.
Get your kids out there and learning about birdlife, in a safe way, it’s great fun and will teach them more about the outdoors and life on earth.
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API