If you already enjoy watching a hungry crowd gathering at your feeders, a bird bath is another proven way to attract more feathered visitors. Birds are always looking out for a spot to replenish their water reserves and clean their feathered coats. Why not make that spot your backyard?
There are several different types of bird baths available and each bird watcher has their own preference. A metal bird bath is a favorite of many. Compared to their heavier counterparts like stone or concrete bird baths, metal ones are easier to move around and assemble. At the same time you won’t be worrying about a metal bird bath’s fragility. That is often the case with ceramic and glass bird baths that have to be handled more gently and are more prone to get damaged in certain weather conditions.
All in all a metal bird bath is a great choice for your garden and wild birds. However, it’s still important to do your research and choose the option that won’t become rusty after a few weeks, get easily overturned by wind and will actually attract birds to your yard.
As a wild bird enthusiast, I’ve done the research for you. When taking into account the quality, reviews and functionality, I’ve listed 6 best metal bird baths on the market. Read on and order yours from the comfort of your coach.
- 10 Best Solar Bird Bath Fountains: Expert’s Buyers Guide in 2022
- Best Hanging Bird Baths: Birdwatchers Review 2022
- Top 10 Best Heated Bird Bath – Review of 2022
What Material Metal Bird Baths Are Made Out Of?
You might be wondering what exactly is the material most commonly used in metal bird baths. Most often these bird baths are made out of aluminium, copper or iron.
However, as these metal bird baths tend to be on the pricier side I’ve also included some bird baths that have a metal-looking finish but are made out of other materials, for example, polyresin and polypropylene. These will look and work just as good in your garden and you won’t have to worry about your bird bath getting rusty.
6 Best Metal Bird Baths Overview
6 Metal Bird Bird Baths Review
1. BIRD WISH Rust ProofMetal Bird Bath: Best Quality And Price Ratio
If you’re looking for a sleek looking black metal bird bath, this is the one for you. You can choose between two bird bath sizes and the bigger option comes with a flower planter on the base, where you can plant some flowers and plants to attract even more birds to the garden. It comes with 4 ground stakes to keep the bird bath in place and is still light weight if you are looking to move it.
This large metal bird bath is made of rust proof iron and because you can remove the metal bowl, it’s also very easy to clean. The bowl is quite big so it will also easily fit a solar fountain.
- Sturdy and durable metal
- You can choose from 2 bowl sizes
- Bigger size comes with a flower planter on the base
- Black metal can heat up the water on sunnier days
- Exquisite Bird Bath: The bird baths is made of strong and durable metal material that is sturdy and will not be easily blown over by the...
- Large Storage: Bird bath bowl is 17 inches in diameter, has a large storage capacity to hold enough water and food. In summer, the water...
- Easy to Assemble and Move: Bird baths for outdoors is simple in structure, can be assembled together in 2 minutes without the help of other...
- Stable Base: Bird baths for the garden has gorgeous base design, it is not only beautiful appearance, but also very stable. Equipped with 4...
- Weathering Resistance: Metal bird bath is made of high quality materials, which can withstand the test of climate, such as the damage caused...
2. VIVOHOME 28 Inch Height Polyresin Bird Bath: More Affordable Option
This is an affordable, good-looking and well functioning bird bath. It’s made of high-quality polypropylene (PP) material but has a copper color resin coating. This bird bath is made to resist rain, cold and intense sunlight and thanks to it’s high quality materials it won’t dent, break, or fracture.
It’s very easy to assemble and comes with 3 ground stakes that will keep it in place. For additional stability, you can fill the pedestal with gravel or stones. When it comes to the bird bath bowl it’s bigger than most with 20 inches in diameter. This vintage metal bird is one of the Amazon best sellers and for sure will attract various kinds of birds and butterflies to your garden.
- Affordable and high-quality
- Classical, vintage look
- Comes in 3 color options
- Only has metal-looking finish, it’s made out of polypropylene (PP)
- AN ATTRACTIVE ADDITION - This birdbath is designed with an intimate European royal style with a bronzed patina and a hollow base that makes...
- DURABLE DESIGN - Made of high-quality PP material and covered with resin coating, this birdbath resists rain, water, and other weather,...
- STURDY BASE - Equipped with 3 ground stakes to keep it in place, it is not easy to tip over; For additional stability, you can fill the...
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE - Constructed with simple components that make it easy to assemble; The bowl is easy to attach by screwing it onto the...
- LARGE DIAMETER - This birdbath diameter is 20 inches, which will hold enough water or food for your lovely avians and butterflies to enjoy;...
3. Monarch Abode 17065 Hanging Hammered Copper Bird Bath: Best Metal Hanging Bird Bath
I’m a big fan of Monarch Abode bird baths – they are some of the best looking bird baths out there. This bird bath will for sure impress not only your feathered visitors but also your other garden guests. It’s made out of hand hammered copper and comes with a black iron ring and chain ready to be hung in your yard.
This metal hanging bird bath also has a standing bird bath option, if you prefer that. While the copper bird bath bowl is on a smaller side (11 inches in diameter and a depth of 2.5 inches), it will be perfect to attract smaller birds and butterflies.
- Modern, sleek design
- Made out of high quality copper and iron
- You can choose between hanging and standing bird bath options
- Bird bath bowl is a bit small
- Handcrafted high-quality construction: The Pure Copper Hand Hammered hanging bird bath bird feeder is skillfully crafted by our artisans to...
- Versatile and sturdy: This can serve as a hanging bird bath for outdoors or a hanging bird feeder. It's lightweight and robust, making the...
- Decorative and stylish: The pure copper bowl on the outdoor hanging bird feeder is adorned with hand hammered impressions, instantly...
- Makes the perfect gift: It's an ideal gift for adults, children, bird watchers, and nature enthusiasts on birthdays, anniversaries,...
- Easy to assemble: No tools are necessary. Simply locate the ideal spot for your hanging bird bath, place the pure copper bowl on the round...
4. Evergreen Garden Cast Metal Bird Bath on Pedestal: For Antique Design Fans
For a more sturdy look, Evergreen Garden can offer this vintage looking caste metal bird bath. It also has two cute bronze bird figurines attached to the rim of the big 20 inch wide metal bowl. The bowl is black so if you live in a warmer climate it’s better to put the bird bath in shade to avoid water heating up and evaporating.
This metal bird bath is very highly rated and in the reviews section buyers praise it’s high quality and ability to attract many birds. There’s also no assembly required.
- Large capacity bowl
- Sturdy, high quality cast iron
- No assembly – it’s ready to be put in the garden
- Dark color heats up and evaporates water quicker
- UNIQUE DETAILS: Our cast iron bird bath is about the details. You'll enjoy a beautiful outdoor bird bath with ornate leaf embossing and two...
- THE PERFECT FIT: This birdbath also functions as a birdfeeder and is ideal for gardens, patios, porches, lawns, and yards of all shapes and...
- FASHIONABLE YEAR-ROUND FLAIR: Beauty that matches that of nature. Composed of high-quality cast iron, this design is beautiful and...
- OUTDOOR SAFE: Crafted from high-quality powder coated metal, ensuring durability and longevity even in outdoor environments. This product...
- QUALITY GURANTEE: We stand behind the quality of all of our products. Our company was founded over 25 years ago in Richmond, VA sewing flags...
5. Oakland Living 2-Crane Lily Bird Bath: Most Original Design
Tired of the typical bird bath look? This is a fun and original design metal bird bath that will decorate your garden for years to come. Thanks to it’s high quality built with rust free cast aluminum top and durable cast iron base it’s crack, rust and fade proof.
The metal bird bath bowl is around 16 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep. Thanks to the bird bath’s 20 pound weight it’s very sturdy and the flat bottom allows you to also place it on your porch or pavement.
- Creative, fun design
- Flat bottom to place it both on grass and paved surfaces
- Durable materials
- Not the easiest to assemble
- Rust Free Cast Aluminum and Durable Cast Iron Construction
- Hardened Powder Coat Finish in Brown for Years of Beauty
- Easy to Follow Assembly Instructions and Product Care Information
- Galvanized or Stainless Steel Assembly Hardware
- Fade, Chip and Crack Resistant
6. Sun-Ray 811010 Beacon Point Solar Lighted Bird Bath: Best Metal Solar Powered Bird Bath
This is a classic design metal bird bath that resembles an antique iron birdbath. It’s constructed of durable polyresin with an antique brushed bronze finish. The center of the pole you can fill with sand or rocks to add weight and make the bird bath more stable.
The main feature that caught my attention is the solar powered LED light. It provides a warm glow in the evenings and after a sunny day can power the light throughout the entire night.
- Comes with LED solar powered light
- Easy to assemble
- Affordable price for the quality
- Has a metal look but is made out of polyresin
- Polyresin with Durable Brushed Bronze Finish
- Solar powered with auto on/off once charged and 1 amber LED light
- Center Pole Hollow for Filling with Sand to Add Weight
- No Wiring Needed
- Batteries included
There are many great, classical looking bird baths that caught my eye when researching all the options on the market. BIRD WISH Rust ProofMetal Bird Bath and Sun-Ray 811010 Beacon Point Solar Lighted Bird Bath among my top picks.
For more affordable options I would suggest checking out the bird baths made out of polyresin or polypropylene with metal looking finishes. These look and work just as great and at the same time comes with a smaller price tag.
Which other bird bath would you add to my list? Would be happy to see your suggestions in the comments.
You will also like: 5 Best Metal Bird Feeders On The Market In 2023 Updated!
Last update on 2023-09-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API