If you want to attract more birds to your property this year, setting out bird feeders should not be your only strategy. You also need to be putting out a good source of fresh water. Birds drink and bathe on a daily basis, so a concrete bird bath is like a magnet for our feathered friends.
Unfortunately, solid concrete bird baths are very heavy and difficult to move around, so in this article, we’ll focus on bird baths that have that classic concrete look but are made from lighter, more modern materials. We’ll also take a look at some handy tips about where to set them up and how to keep them clean.
- 10 Best Bird Baths: Bird-watching Expert Review in 2022
- Best Bird Bath Bowl: Review Of Our Top Picks
- Best Hanging Bird Baths: Birdwatchers Review 2022
- Most stylish concrete bird bath design – Kenroy Home Rustic Outdoor Bird Bath With Wood Grain Finish
- Best classic concrete birdbath design – Kante Lightweight Traditional Weathered Concrete Birdbath
- Our overall favorite concrete bird bath – Smart Living Home & GardenBirdbath
- Best small concrete bird bath – Esschert Design Cement Bird Bath
6 Best Concrete Bird Baths Overview
Seabird Sanctuary is reader-supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
9 Best Concrete Bird Baths Reviews
1.Kante Lightweight Traditional Weathered Concrete Birdbath– Best Classic Design
This beautiful hand-crafted concrete birdbath from Kante features a classic flower in diamond design. This concrete bird bath is constructed from an eco-friendly mix of concrete and fiberglass that will stand up to all weather conditions.
It also features a handy drainage hole and a molded base. It will attract plenty of birds to your garden or patio, giving them a great place to bathe and drink.
- Classic, traditional look
- Good water depth for songbirds
- The base footprint is quite small
- TRADITIONAL FLOWER DIAMOND PATTERN BIRDBATH: This traditional textured bird bath with a flower encased in a diamond pattern that is engraved...
- CLASSIC DESIGN: The design adds a charming look and a classic touch that will set elegance as the centerpiece to any place.Bowl Depth:1.5...
- ECO-FRIENDLY: This planter is handmade, crafted of lightweight concrete through an Eco-friendly manufacturing process, has a drainage hole...
- STRONG AND DURABLE: Made of concrete and weather-resistant fiberglass that have all the advantages of these materials, such as strength,...
- IDEAL SIZE FOR OUTDOOR USE: The planter measures 22.8"W x 22.8"L x 2.6"H and it makes a great addition to any garden or large backyard patio...
2. Arcadia Garden Products Grey Fiberclay Birdbath– Great All-round Concrete Birdbath
This ornamental birdbath by Arcadia has an attractive floral design that combines aesthetics and functionality. It is made from a material known as fiberclay, which looks a lot like concrete, but is a lot lighter and easier to shift and assemble.
Fortunately, this birdbath is very stable if the base section is filled with sand. The bowl holds a generous 160 fluid ounces of water, so it works great with a solar birdbath fountain, and you don’t need to refill it too often.
- Great ornamental design
- Can blow over if not filled with sand
- FORM & FUNCTION: Attract birds to your garden, deck, patio or any other outdoor with a decorative Birdbath with ornate flowers engraved into...
- DURABLE: The Arcadia Garden Products Fiberclay Birdbath is built to handle the tenacity of Mother Nature. Fiberclay is a lightweight...
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Simple, tool-free assembly, so your Birdbath is ready to display in minutes after unboxing.
- Arcadia Garden Products is your source for the value, variety and outstanding quality of garden products that you've come to expect!
- Size: 19.5"x20.5" | Material: Fiberclay | Weather Resistant
3. Kante Traditional Flower Pattern Birdbath, Weathered Concrete– Best Traditional Design
This is another great concrete bird bath by Kante. This model features a smooth bowl without details, but an attractive ornamental base stand with leaf designs.
As with their other designs, these vintage concrete bird baths offer the classic look in a much lighter modern material.
- Vintage concrete bird bath look
- Easy to clean concrete bird bath
- Has a small base footprint
- PERFECT SIZE - Size(22.8"W x 22.8"L x 24.5"H). Bowl diameter is 22.8" and the bowl depth is 2.6", shallow and wide bowl assures that...
- REAL CONCRETE SCULPTURAL APPEARANCE - With the appearance of finely detailed flower pattern carved into the pedestal. weathered concrete...
- HANDMADE CONCRETE BIRDBATHS - Made of concrete and weather-resistant fiberglass that have all the advantages of these materials, such as...
- SIMPLE BUT STRONG STRUCTURE - The construction is so simple that easy to assemble & clean. Lightweight Concrete material resists damage from...
- 100% SATISFACTION - We are committed to providing the best customer service so if unsatisfied, let us know and we’ll provide return full...
4. Esschert Design Cement Bird Bath– Best Flat-Bottom Birdbath
Although this neat little bowl has the appearance of a concrete bird bath, it is actually made from a ceramic material. This bowl has a stepped floor, making it great for birds of various sizes to enjoy splashing around in.
This bird bath does not come with a stand and is perfect for setting out on patios with low walls. The 2 ceramic birds on the rim make this bath cheerful to look at, even when your feathered friends are away feeding.
- A stable bird bath that is not affected by strong winds
- Cheerful design
- Stepped floor design for smaller birds
- Ceramic is brittle and can break if handled roughly
- Made in China
- Package length : 12.4"
- Package width : 12.4"
- Package height :5.1"
5. Smart Living Home & GardenBirdbath – Our overall favorite concrete bird bath
This concrete bird bath from Smart Living Home & Garden has a wonderful, rustic stone finish and is a lot more than just a simple bowl. This concrete birdbath holds 1 ½ gallons of water in a hidden reservoir.
It includes a patented, built-in solar bird bath fountain that comes with 2 different fountain heads for a bubbling or fountain effect. This is especially attractive to your feathered friends and also helps to keep the water in the bath fresher for longer.
- Comes with a built-in solar fountain
- Beautifully textured finish
- Cannot be used in freezing conditions
- Low maintenance: simply drain, wipe down, rinse and refill
- Construction: glass fiber reinforced concrete (GFRC)
- Warm rustic finish with natural rock inspired texture
- Patented underwater integral solar panel and pump system
- Includes bubbler and 360 degree spray topper for desired water effect
6. Kenroy Home Rustic Outdoor Bird Bath With Wood Grain Finish– Most stylish concrete bird bath design
If you’re looking for a more stylish take on the traditional concrete bird bath, this model from Kenroy might be just what you’re looking for. This concrete-style bird bath has a stylish woodgrain finish that will look great in your yard.
This elegant concrete bird bath also has a natural feel to it that will make your feathered friends feel right at home whether they are coming in to bathe or drink.
- Has a natural but stylish look
- A scratch and fade resistant concrete bird bath
- The material can be fragile
- COTTAGE CHIC GARDEN: Perfectly well-suited for a cottage chic garden nestled among flowers, herbs and potted plants, this outdoor birdbath...
- DIMENSIONS: 21-inch height, 16.5-inch diameter, 0.5 gallon capacity
- DURABLE CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION: scratch and fade resistant concrete matches the wood grain finish and will withstand inclement weather and...
- SIMPLE ASSEMBLY: Easy-to-read instructions provide clear and understandable step-by-step guidance for assembling your new fountain
- U.S. CUSTOMER CARE TEAM: Each of our products comes with an industry leading 1-year limited warranty. Our Concierge Customer Care Team is...
7. WHW Bird Bath Bowl with 3 Sparrow Rim– Best For Patios
These small concrete bird baths from WHW designs feature lovely little sparrow designs with fantastic life-like detail. These bird baths do not come with a base and are perfect for setting on an outdoor table or a low wall around a patio or porch.
Although this product looks like it’s made from concrete, it is in fact constructed from a modern polyresin material.
- Small size is great for patios and balconies
- Delightful styling
- Small water capacity
- Attract and welcome birds in the garden with this basin bowl decorated with 3 sparrow figurines perched on the rim. Like sparrows in nature,...
- Flat bottomed, this small bath is perfect to place on table tops or directly on the ground to add a touch of whimsy in your garden. The bowl...
- Faux stone appeal. The grey basin has a beautiful texture that mimics real stone. This bird bath is crafted of high quality poly-resin and...
- When filled with water, the sparrow's reflection is captured, their gesture of friendship is tender.
- Great for gifting, this bird bath is an outstanding present for bird lovers and anyone who loves their garden. Enjoy! By Whole House Worlds
8. Wildlife World Shenstone Bird Bath and Drinker Plate– Best Eco-friendly Choice
This attractive bird bath is designed to look just like a concrete bird bath but is in fact made from an eco-friendly material known as polyboo. This material is a combination of clay and recycled plastics. Polyboo is great for colder climates because it does not crack in the winter.
This bird bath features a stepped design which gives even the smallest birds a safe level to bathe in. It has a low base which makes it perfect for setting out on a deck or patio. There you can watch the birds fly in to bathe and drink at their leisure.
- Constructed from an eco-friendly material
- Can be left outdoors in the winter
- Small water capacity
- SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS: Despite looking like stone, the bird bath is made from Polyboo, a mixture composed of second-life plastics and clay....
- PRETTY AND PRACTICAL: The bird bath features a ripple step design which is both visually attractive and functional by providing extra...
- VERSATILE: Place the drinker on a flat surface, in an easily visible area in your backyard. Ensure that there are trees or bushes nearby for...
- EASY TO CARE FOR: Regularly top up the water levels and clean to prevent algae build-up. Bird baths are a fast and simple way to add water...
- STURDY BASE: The bath comes with a short base section which raises it around 10 cm above ground level. This will help to prevent frost...
9. WHW Whole House Worlds Bird Bath with 2 Snails– Most Charming Design
This very small bird bath makes a great accent for setting out on a table on the balcony. That doesn’t mean birds can’t actually use it, but this bath is suitable for small birds only. It has a charming design featuring two snails that are made to look like they are constructed of copper.
- Charming design
- Great for decks, balconies, patios, and porches
- Paint tends to peel off
- Very small
- Welcome springtime with our charming Snails On A Rim Bird Bath. Our artists have captured a rare moment as 2 snails creep to gaze at each...
- Flat bottomed, this small bath is perfect to place on table tops or directly on the ground to add a touch of whimsy in your garden.
- The beige basin has a beautiful texture that mimics real stone and measures 8 1/4 inches in diameter. Each snail, made to look like bronze,...
- When filled with water, the snails’ reflection is captured, their gesture of friendship is adorable. The shallow bowl holds approximately...
- Great for gifting, this bird bath is an outstanding present for bird lovers and anyone who loves their garden. Enjoy! By Whole House Worlds
How To Clean Concrete Bird Baths
The best way to clean concrete bird baths is to use a brush to scrub off algae before it can become established. Use a soft bristle brush on painted and treated surfaces to avoid scratching and removing the coatings.
Use warm, but never boiling water for the best results. Remember to avoid using toxic chemicals and soaps as any residue can be harmful to your feathered friends. A weak solution of about 9 parts water to 1 part vinegar can be very helpful for safely and effectively cleaning your concrete bird bath.
How Often To Refill Bird Baths
You should keep your bird baths full so that your visitors are always guaranteed a drink of fresh water and a place to bathe when they fly in. Keep an eye on the water level to work out the routine that suits you best.
If you have a large bird bath, or there are not many birds visiting, replace the water every few days to keep it fresh and prevent algae from growing. Using a solar bird bath fountain will keep the water moving, which helps prevent algae growth, but the splashing can also waste some water on windy days.
Where To Put Bird Baths
Apart from choosing a spot where it is easy to see, there are also a couple of important points to help you choose where to put your concrete bird bath. These are:
- Set your birdbath in the sun in winter. This helps prevent the water from freezing and the birds will enjoy bathing in the sunlight
- Set your bird bath in the shade in summer. This keeps the water cooler and fresher for longer. The hot summer sun will also cause the water in the bath to evaporate pretty quickly.
- Set your concrete bird bath about 10-15 feet from a good cover. This gives the birds an escape route in case a hunting hawk decides to crash the party. This distance is also far enough to prevent birds from being easily stalked and caught by house cats.
Sealing Method for Concrete Bird Bath
Below are the steps to follow to do this the right way.
- First, use a brush and cloth to thoroughly clean out every dirt and water from the bird bath. This is to make it easier for the concrete sealer to stick to the birdbath’s surface rather than the dirt, which may later fly away and leave an area that isn’t fully sealed.
- The next step is to spray the concrete sealer all over the birdbath. While doing that, ensure that you pay special attention to any little gaps that may exist.
Then always give a one-hour break in between and repeat this twice.
● Finally, add a third and final topcoat on top of the first two applications of the sealer and allow it to cure for 30 minutes. Then, avoid putting any water in it for a few days and exposing it to the elements. This is because the odor can continue to linger for some time.
Where To Buy Concrete Bird Baths
It is usually best to shop for solid concrete bird baths at garden centers. The bird baths in this article make great lightweight substitutes that you can easily have delivered to your door and you can move them around yourself, to position them in the best places.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Popular questions individuals tend to ask.
What Can You Do to Keep Mosquitoes Away From a Bird Bath?
Flooding water and routine maintenance is the best way to keep mosquitoes away. But if your preferred bird bath design doesn’t include built-in moving water, add a fountain pump to start bubbling. Also, ensure to adhere to your maintenance routine after that.
How Frequently Should a Bird Bath’s Water Get Changed?
Changing the water in your bird’s bath every day or two days later is advisable to ensure your birds have clean, fresh water to drink and bathe in. This will keep your birds happy and healthy because polluted water can spread diseases.
How Is a Bird Bath Cleaned?
It’s crucial to ensure you’re frequently cleaning the bird bath because it can become fertile ground for bacteria and diseases that affect birds.
The precise frequency will change based on various circumstances, including the number of birds using the bath, the location, and the weather.
Generally speaking, you should clean your bird bath if you see discoloration in the water or the basin’s bottom.
The first step is to pour out the old water and remove any substantial debris to clean a bird bath. Then scrub any spots where birds land, perch, drink, or bathe, including the basin’s rim.
After you have done that, add fresh water, and ensure you rinse the bird bath properly. Then finally, let it dry.
If you haven’t already got a fresh water supply for the birds in your yard, now is the time to pick one up. All the concrete-style bird baths in this list make excellent choices, and the birds will love you for it. Happy bird watching!
Other popular posts you might like: First Nature Hummingbird Feeder
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API