If you’re anything like me, you just love watching birds out in the yard. In fact, I probably spend too much time staring out the window at my bird feeder, but then, the distraction is welcome!
Tube-type bird feeders are definitely one of the best ways to feed seed-eating songbirds in your backyard. So in this guide, Seabirdsanctuary introduces you to 10 of the best tube bird feeders that you can use to attract more feathered friends. For each model, I’ll provide you with some important information like:
- Number of feeding ports
- Seed capacity
So let’s dive right in and start by looking at some favorites
- 7 Types Of Bird Feeders: Here’s How To Choose
- 10 Best Bird Feeders: Bird Watching Expert Buyer’s Guide in 2022
- Top 15 Best Squirrel Proof Bird Feeders – Review of 2022
Table of Contents
- Top Picks:
- 10 Tube Bird Feeders Reviews
- 1.iBorn Copper Tube Bird Feeder – Amazon’s Choice
- 2. Droll Yankees Classic Ring Pull Tube Bird Feeder – Easy To Use
- 3. Ointo Garden Tube Bird Feeders (Pack of 2)– Best value
- 4. Kingsyard Metal Tube Bird Feeders – Charming Design
- 5. Stokes Yellow Wild Bird Tube Feeders Bundled With SEWANTA Hanging Chains Twin Pack – Great Value
- 6. Stokes Select Window Tube Bird Feeders – Best Window Feeder
- 7. Perky-Pet 395 10-Inch Wild Bird Tube Feeder – Ideal For Clinging Birds
- 8. Perky-Pet 391PINE Pine Metal Tube Feeder – Attractive Natural Detail
- 9. Perky-Pet Triple Tube Bird Feeders – Best large tube bird feeders
- 10. Droll Yankees SDC Squirrel Proof Tube Bird Feeder – Best Squirrel Proof Tube Bird Feeders
- How To Clean Tube Bird Feeders
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
- Best large tube bird feeders: Perky-Pet Triple Tube Bird Feeders
- Best value tube bird feeders: Ointo Garden Tube Bird Feeders (Pack of 2)
- Best looking tube bird feeders: Perky-Pet 391PINE Pine Metal Tube Feeder
- Best squirrel-proof tube bird feeders: Droll Yankees SDC Squirrel Proof Tube Bird Feeder
6 Best Tube Bird Feeders Overview[amazon table=”2508″]
10 Tube Bird Feeders Reviews
1.iBorn Copper Tube Bird Feeder – Amazon’s Choice
The iBorn copper tube bird feeders have metal tops and bottoms with UV stabilized parts for durability. These feeders look great and the rust-resistant copper finish is a classic touch. Sturdy metal feeding perches are provided and the base is equipped with drainage holes to keep the seed fresh and safe.
To take it apart for cleaning you will need to use a screwdriver but the process is really a simple one. The transparent tube makes it easy to see when it’s time to refill, and the tube itself is made from high-quality clear plastic.
- Rust-resistant and UV stabilized
- High seed capacity
- Tool required for disassembly
2. Droll Yankees Classic Ring Pull Tube Bird Feeder – Easy To Use
These quality tube feeders from Droll Yankees have a simple but effective ring-pull system which makes cleaning super easy. The plastic components are UV stabilized so they won’t perish in the sun. This model has a threaded attachment point which means it can be pole-mounted or hung from your bird feeding station.
- No tools are needed for cleaning
- Great for sunflower seeds or mixed bird seeds
- Not squirrel-proof
3. Ointo Garden Tube Bird Feeders (Pack of 2)– Best value
This set of two plastic tube bird feeders is great value for money. Just keep in mind that they are not going to last if you allow squirrels access to them. Here are a few great tips on how to keep squirrels out of bird feeders.
On the plus side, they are very easy to use and fill. These feeders will attract and feed plenty of seed-eating birds to your garden.
- Great price point
- Has a steel hanger
- Squirrels can damage these feeders
4. Kingsyard Metal Tube Bird Feeders – Charming Design
These charming tube bird feeders are available in both pink and blue base colors. They will need to be protected from squirrels, however.
This feeder has an all-metal construction that has been powder coated for long-lasting rust resistance. It is also easy to clean and has drainage holes to keep seeds fresh.
- Looks great
- All-metal construction
- Opaque sides make it difficult to tell when the feeder is empty
- Not squirrel proof
Brighten up your yard with this twin pack of yellow mesh tube feeders from Stokes. These all-weather tube bird feeders can survive the rain and have drainage holes in the base to allow water to drain freely.
The rust-proof mesh tube also allows great airflow to keep the seeds fresher for longer. The twist-off cap makes refilling easy, and they are fitted with sturdy hanging chains.
- Mesh allows finches to feed in their natural position
- Decorative floral design
- Smaller seed capacity
6. Stokes Select Window Tube Bird Feeders – Best Window Feeder
This model from Stokes Select is ideal for close-up viewing from the comfort of your home. The suction cups stick securely to windows and the feeder is easy to fill and clean.
If you have squirrels around, it is best to set these tube bird feeders on large windows where the hungry rodents can’t reach them. These feeders are designed for use with sunflower seeds.
- Provides amazing close-up sightings
- The feeder is held in place with secure suction cups
- Small seed capacity
7. Perky-Pet 395 10-Inch Wild Bird Tube Feeder – Ideal For Clinging Birds
This all-metal hanging tube feeder from Perky-Pet is great for clinging birds like nuthatches that love to feed on sunflower seeds and peanuts. This is a well-constructed feeder that will stand up to the elements for many seasons. It is easy to fill and is not easily damaged by squirrels.
- The all-metal design prevents squirrel damage
- Seeds stay fresh and ventilated
- Does not accommodate perching birds
8. Perky-Pet 391PINE Pine Metal Tube Feeder – Attractive Natural Detail
This attractive tube bird feeder has a pine leaf and cone design that will look great in your yard. It is made with a durable powder-coat finish that means it will last longer outdoors. This metal tube feeder has 6 feeding ports, each with its own removable perch cover to make cleaning really easy.
- A great looking feeder with a natural botanical design
- Comes with removable perches
- The painted tube makes it harder to see the seed level
9. Perky-Pet Triple Tube Bird Feeders – Best large tube bird feeders
These large-capacity tube bird feeders give you the ability to attract a wider variety of wild songbirds to your garden. Each tube can be filled with a different type of seed, and you can even adjust the feeding ports to use small seeds like thistle. This is a great-looking feeder with a large dome to keep the seeds protected from rain and snow.
- Attract a variety of different birds
- Has powder coated and squirrel resistant steel parts
- Can be heavy when full
10. Droll Yankees SDC Squirrel Proof Tube Bird Feeder – Best Squirrel Proof Tube Bird Feeders
If your bird feeders are constantly getting raided by greedy squirrels, it may be time to look at the Droll Yankee tube bird feeders. These are high-quality tube feeders made in the USA.
The built-on cage keeps squirrels and greedy large birds like grackles out because they can’t fit through the 1.5-inch spaces created by the bars. On the other hand, small birds like House Finches get easy access to the nutrition they need.
- Keeps squirrels and ‘bully birds’ out
- USA made quality
- Only small birds can access the seeds
How To Clean Tube Bird Feeders
Tube-style bird feeders should be cleaned regularly for the health of your feathered friends and to keep them looking neat and tidy. Although it may seem like a drag, it’s really simple and only needs to be done once a week or so. Let’s take a look at how to clean your tube bird feeders:
- Start by removing any old seed from the feeder
- Once empty, you can soak the feeder in a 10% bleach solution or use a 50% vinegar solution if you prefer
- Give the feeder a good clean with a brush and rag and then rinse it off
- You can use a leaf blower, broom, or rake to clean up any uneaten food or shells below the feeder
- Allow the feeder to dry before refilling it
- Lastly, remember to wash your hands when you’re done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are tube feeders good for birds?
Tube feeders are a great way to keep your backyard birds well-fed while providing you with great entertainment.
What birds can use a tube feeder?
Most seed-eating birds will happily feed from tube bird feeders. Finches, sparrows, cardinals, and chickadees are just a few examples.
What do you put in a tube bird feeder?
Mixed birdseed, nyjer, safflower, sunflower seed are all great options. Thistle seed is very small and should be used in specially designed feeders only.
Do bird feeders attract mice?
Uneaten seeds can attract mice, although I find that the birds do a pretty good job of cleaning up any seed that gets spilled onto the ground. One great option to limit the number of falling seeds is to set up a bird seed catcher below your tube bird feeders.
If you haven’t already set out a couple of tube bird feeders in your backyard, this year would be a great year to start. All of the options in our list are great products that will provide your birds with an ideal place to feed. Happy birdwatching!